Installing WS 9.1.3567 over an existing build?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Forellenblau, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!

I wanted to install today the new build 3567 over the older one 3534, but that seems not to be possible. When doing this, the program says on starting up, that the serial is not to be found and reinstalling might solve the problem.
    I had first to reinstall the old build, restarting the computer, installing the new build, enter the serial, restarting the computer again, and then it finally works (and time's running by...).

As i remember, on Workstation 8 one could install a new build over an older one. Why not with 9.1?

Forellenblau (Konrad Alder)

2. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Always best to completely uninstall the previous version with TrueImage I find, I think many others on here will agree :)

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I installed 3567 over 2337 and it works just fine. I was surprised that the install needed to be fed with my V 9 serial number and also my V 8 serial number but these were easily found without searching through emails as they are recorded on the Acronis update web page once signed in.

Xpilot.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The OP was referring to the workstation version.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Thanks for the correction. What I posted still applies to the home version and I am surprised that it does not hold true for the WS version. AFAIK all TI new builds have installed over previous builds apart from the fracas with V9 builds prior to and including 2337.

Xpilot

6. backman

backman Registered Member

Had the same problem here as the OP. The message was slightly different though. It didn't say it couldn't find a serial, but that the one I was using was invalid. Anyway, I fixed it the same way he did. Uninstall and then re-install. Now everything is fine.

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.