installing panda 2006

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi im installing panda 2006 on friends pc keeps saying incompatiable program virus chasero_O? there is nothing in the add/remove called that like it asks me to driving me nutso any advice here? thanks MD o_O

2. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

First off I would try doing a clean virus scan on your friends PC, perhaps try a free antivirus software to make sure his PC is clean, also do a scan with Spybot S&D and Adaware or MS Antispyware.

Also have you tried to install this software on a different PC to see what resulys you get and what OS is your friend running ? I am assuming that this Panda 2006 is compatible with your friends OS.

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

ok spybot found this not sure what it is?? R MD

Attached Files:

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

What is in the screen shot there that Spybot S&D "detected", is that firewall and antivirus reminder in Windows is enabled (you know the one which alerts if your antivirus is outdated or disabled or if your firewall has been disabled).

There's no need for Spybot to remove these entries.

But back to your problem, is Panda reporting that a program called Virus Chaser is installed on the computer (and therefore it won't install)? Did you look closely in the "Add/Remove Programs", and also in the programs list in the "Start" menu? Maybe try Your Uninstaller! or Advanced Uninstaller to get rid of this program. You could alternatively look for any files in C:\Program Files\ that might be related to this program and delete manually, but I would not recommend this. If you do this, then you should also clean out your Windows registry using something like jv16 PowerTools

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.