Installing on dial-up and cable/Best AMON settings.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackcat, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I am due to install NOD on my son's laptop in the next few days. This will take place at Home.

When he connects to the Internet he is either on dial-up when at Home and on a very fast cable-link when away at University.

Therefore,

1. During the install procedure in the Internet settings Window do I select " I use dial-up(modem) Internet Connection", since most of the year he will be away using the cable connection?

When he is on the cable connection, does NOD immediately check for updates on bootup as on dial-up.?

2. On the Advanced Settings of the Automatic Update>Internet Connection, do I select LAN/fixed line OR dial-up?

3. What would be the best settings for "Actions" of AMON? I want to setup NOD as set and forget as possible for him with as little interaction as possible.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

G'day BC, I would not select dialup upon install as most of the time he will be on cable. If you just set up his machine like I have here then everything is set and forget, I would also have a weekly scan set up, which is part of that tutorial.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Many Thanks Blackspear ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.