Installing NOD32 with Blackspears Extra settings - in no time

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by xTiNcTion, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

for member sam9879,

Your post was split out of this thread and placed into a thread of it's own for better assistance. Please follow the below link to where members have already responded to your thread.

This thread---> Trouble extracting files from NOD32 Installer ?

Regards,
    Bubba

2. sputnik451

sputnik451 Registered Member

Many thanks, worked flawlessly

3. Mellagon

Mellagon Registered Member

Excellent. I work in tech support and Blackspear's maximum protection settings solve loads of queries.
    Most of our customers already have the product installed when they realize they need the security settings - is there any similar file to make changes to an existing NOD32 install?
    Thanks,
    ~John

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

You would need to enter the customers UN and PW and then export the registry as described HERE

Cheers :D

5. ImBigmOOse

ImBigmOOse Registered Member

What is the user name and password for downloading nod32config_en.zip file? Thanks

6. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi ImBigmOOse,

very sorry... we'r doing some maintenance work to our server. back online in few moments...

meanwhile here you have
    nod32config_en.zip

regards,

7. ImBigmOOse

ImBigmOOse Registered Member

ok, thanks

8. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

you're welcome!

9. tazman01

tazman01 Registered Member

Joined to say thanks to xTiNcTion for this thread and Black Spear for his great documentaion on setting up Nod32.

I will hopefully be installing tonight.

10. piranha

piranha Registered Member

Re: Installing NOD32 with BS Extra settings - in no time

do you mean there is a xml file we can save in v2.7 too !? Please confirm marcos or someone..... It could be practical if someone want to downgrade from v3 back to v2.7 and recover all v2.7 previous settings

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  11. piranha

piranha Registered Member

you backup only HKLM\SOFTWARE\Eset and import it after reinstalling v2.7 ? Very interesting.....:p

12. mdavies

mdavies Registered Member

I've just used the config file to install 2.7, and it worked a treat (but you already knew that it would!).

I thought I'd pass on to the forum a little tip that makes NOD32 2.7 much more accessible to a blind or visually impaired user.

I am blind and use a screen reader to access my PC. I'd heard that NOD32 was very accessible - but only with the custom graphical user interface unchecked in the settings. So far, this setting is only available in version 2.7 (although I hear that it is to be included in an upcoming version of 3.0)

It seems that the default installation of 2.7 has the custom graphics user interface checked, making it more inaccessible to a blind user. Meaning that a blind user would need sighted assistance to access the settings to make it accessible.

But by modifying the config file used here, I can install NOD32 2.7 and make it immediately accessible.
    I used Notepad to edit the config.xml file, and set the default value for the GraphicMode to 0, i.e. false:
    NAME="GraphicMode" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="0"
    (The original value in the config file that you would download is 1, meaning that the custom graphical user interface is on by default)

So if you are a blind person installing NOD32 2.7, or you are installing it for a blind person, by making this very simple change to the config, you make it accessible immediately.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Mark

13. jnulu

jnulu Registered Member

Hello!

Are there any 'extra settings' by Blackspear or anyone else available for versions after 2.7 ?
    I used these settings and found it extremely useful when I had version 2.7.
    I have recently upgraded to version 3.0.667.0 and hence the query.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  14. Zain

Zain Registered Member

Thank you Blackspear

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.