Installing new license key and password

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by nordeide, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordeide

nordeide Registered Member

Hi,

I am about to renew an expiring license for my customer, and I have some questions about this.

In the NOD32 Remote Administrator Console, I can go to File - Renew license and upload a .lic file. The .lic file for NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition is accepted, whereas the .lic file for Mail Security is not ("This license key is not issued for NOD32 Remote Administrator! (20081,2)"

If I go to NOD32 Control Center that runs on the server, I can go to NOD32 System Tools - NOD32 System Setup - Setup - License Keys. I found the old licenses, so I deleted them and added the two new license instead; they were both accepted and they show the correct license numbers and expiry dates.

So, does this mean that I have installed the .lic files correctly? Why did I have to install the AV Business Edition license twice?

In addition, I have to type in the new user names and passwords somewhere. I couldn't find a place to enter the user/password of the Mail Security (Exchange) client, where should it go?

For the regular Antivirus license, it is simpler; I type in the new user/password under the Update Setup.

But how about the clients, do I have to change the user/password on all of them also, or are they automatically updated when they connect to the Server?

I've set up a dual update profile on the laptops so that they can update from the Server or the Internet, depending on whether they are in the office.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    And when I have these issued resolved, maybe I can get enough time to learn how to set up NOD32 v3.0, but not for now...

Thanks in advance! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.