Installing LnS on New Laptop

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by huntnyc, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

‘Watch Failed’ message is normal if appears only after "Computer isn't connected to Internet" and followed by "Computer connected to Internet on:" then nothing is wrong.

2. Phant0m

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure…

I suppose there aren’t any third-party software firewalls installed when you trying to install Look ‘n’ Stop, and no third-party software installs being done after the Look ‘n’ Stop install?

Do you use HIPs?

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

No 3rd party firewalls installed but I had Comodo installed at one time but uninstalled that before trying to install LnS and now I am just using Windows FW. No HIPs involved.

Gary

4. Phant0m

I suppose you wouldn’t remember when you had Look ‘n’ Stop installed, if you had three or more PROTOCOL entries (… NETBT.SYS, TCPIP.SYS) shown on Look ‘n’ Stop ‘Protocols Configuration’ screen…

5. Phant0m

And when you uninstalled COMODO PF, I assume you re-booted firstly before installing the Look 'n' Stop firewall

6. huntnyc

Don't remember the Protocol entries in Ln?S.

Rebooted after Comodo uninstall but did not clean the registry of Comodo entries. Did delete the Comodo folder though.

Gary

7. Phant0m

When uninstalling, are you doing this from user account with administrator privileges?

After uninstall, re-boot and the anomaly re-occurs, do you know if you make / have ISP connection? Can it be narrowed down to just having issues with client applications making connections on internet?

After uninstall, re-boot and the anomaly re-occurs, have to visited the Device Manager and checked for Look ‘n’ Stop left-behinds listed under ‘Network Adapters’? You’ll need to visit the Device Manager menu and access VIEW and select ‘Show hidden devices’

8. huntnyc

Could be clients not being able to connect because the Sprint software shows there is a valid connection made.

Have not checked the Device Manager as you mentioned but I might try that one again tomorrow.

I use my account as administrator.

Thanks.

Gary

9. huntnyc

Just thought I would bring this thread to a happy conclusion. After some heavy duty register cleaning, deleting of old drivers and other files which Avira had left behind from a poor uninstall of their security suite, I installed LnS again and thankfully it works! So, if anyone else has a Sprint broadband card, don't worry because LnS hopefully will work in your case also. Glad to be back with this light as a feather firewall adn thanks to all for your helping.

Gary

10. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Thanks Gary for the update.

Frederic

11. huntnyc

Your welcome, Frederic and thanks for the greaat firewall.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.