Installing FreeBSD & Ubuntu = ?????????

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by sahibvirk, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sahibvirk

sahibvirk Registered Member

Has anybody ever before tried to install the following operating systems on a computer that is already dual booting between two windowsusing acronis OS-selector.

1. FreeBSD UNIX 6

2. Ubuntu Linux

I need information about both of them.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sahibvirk,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that you will need to have unallocated space on the hard drive where you wish to install these new operating systems.

Please install them using the instructions regarding the installation process of the particular operating system. Please also note that this may require additional actions that are not described in Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

I also would like to recommend you to take a look at section 8.3 of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide which can be helpful for this situation. The main algorithm is the same as for Linux operating system.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. sahibvirk

sahibvirk Registered Member

Yeah, but there is not enough information about installing FreeBSD UNIX.

I have decided not to install Ubuntu now.

But I really need to know how to multiboot FreeBSd with windows using Acronis DDS10.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sahibvirk,

Please refer to this handbook describing the installation process of FreeBSD operating system.

After the installation you will need to re-activate Acronis OS Selector. Please take a look at the section 8.1.1 of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide describing how to re-activate Acronis OS Selector.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.