Installing ESS without firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I have ESS 4, and I'd like to install without the firewall, is that possible?
    With Kaspersky you can do a custom installation and choose which components you want installed, but Eset doens't seem to have this. Any idea?

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

If you want ESET Smart Security without its firewall feature, just download ESET NOD32 Antivirus, which is identical to ESS (same scanning engines etc.) except it excludes a firewall and antispam features (but you don't really need antispam anyway). Be sure to enable a firewall like Windows Firewall if you download NOD32. Also you could just disable the ESS firewall instead of installing nod.

Regards,

Mark

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

After installation, you can set firewall integration to "Only scan application protocols" so that the firewall as such is not installed but the protocol checking works though.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Thanks, I wanted to try ESS with Onlin Armor as firewall because of the extra protection of the HIPS, but I like the ESS firewall better, so I'll get another complementary security product for the extra protection :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.