Installing ESET Virus Problem?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by qkster, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qkster

qkster Registered Member

I need major help please! I am running windows7 & had the latest NOD32 installed, but got a virus (which I deleted from the quarantine) & stupidly fell for a scam that I thought was Windows defender & deleted files it said was infected. It wiped out my NOD 32 & I can't get it back! I used MalwareBytes to remove some bad stuff, but still can't get NOD back.

I've downlowed NOD several times, but it can never complete & it says I have the latest version, even though it's not ANYWHERE on the computer. I did uninstall NOD to start fresh, but still can't make any headway.

I've checked for driver remains, but not sure which would be the drivers?
    Eamon, Eamonm, Fs_rec? Those are the ones that aren't active. I don't know what to do.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Re: Installing ESET Problem?

split into its own thread.

if you are sure malware is removed try with eset uninstaller tool
    kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

3. qkster

qkster Registered Member

Thanks for the help, Cudni. I uninstalled repeatedly but still couldn't re-install, so did the only thing I could & had professionals fix it. I'm not sure where the problem was, but obviously there were files missing or corrupted from the malware & viruses & I wasn't skilled enough to repair them.

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

In the case that the manual uninstallation doesn't work, we'd always recommend submitting a case request with ESET North America Customer Care. We may have been able to save you the money on a technician.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.