Installing Eset on a VPS

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mixgh, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixgh

mixgh Registered Member

I am in the process of leasing a VPS with root access for my website. The OS is Windows Server 2008 standard 64 bit. Thought I read somewhere that Eset is the best because of its low system requirements. There is however the danger that I could lock myself out if I dont get the firewall settings right.

Is there a standard way of setting up eset on a vps to avoid this problem. Is there a web administration option? What eset module options would I need?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

issah

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

You maybe talking about ESET Smart Security, which contains a firewall. ESET Antivirus does not contain a firewall.

Are you sure you want SmartSecurity on the server? Or just an antivirus solution?

Jim

3. mixgh

mixgh Registered Member

I really don't know which of the Eset versions I need. Will purchase whatever it takes. Maybe the Smart Security is the best option, however, I need more of a how-to without locking myself out, especially since this will take place remotely.

Thanks

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I would not put smart security on a VPS windows server - I would put Eset antivirus business edition.

As this is a windows server, you need business edition (5-pack minimum) - or the stand-alone server version (which is 95% of the cost of the 5-pack - needless to say we sell a lot more 5-packs than stand-alone server editions).

hth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.