Installing Eset on a VPS

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mixgh, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixgh

mixgh Registered Member

I am in the process of leasing a VPS with root access for my website. The OS is Windows Server 2008 standard 64 bit. Thought I read somewhere that Eset is the best because of its low system requirements. There is however the danger that I could lock myself out if I dont get the firewall settings right.

Is there a standard way of setting up eset on a vps to avoid this problem. Is there a web administration option? What eset module options would I need?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

issah

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

You maybe talking about ESET Smart Security, which contains a firewall. ESET Antivirus does not contain a firewall.

Are you sure you want SmartSecurity on the server? Or just an antivirus solution?

Jim

3. mixgh

mixgh Registered Member

I really don't know which of the Eset versions I need. Will purchase whatever it takes. Maybe the Smart Security is the best option, however, I need more of a how-to without locking myself out, especially since this will take place remotely.

Thanks

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I would not put smart security on a VPS windows server - I would put Eset antivirus business edition.

As this is a windows server, you need business edition (5-pack minimum) - or the stand-alone server version (which is 95% of the cost of the 5-pack - needless to say we sell a lot more 5-packs than stand-alone server editions).

hth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.