Installing an update of MRUBlaster

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Florestan, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florestan

Florestan Guest

As a not-too-experienced computer user, I hope hope someone can answer these two questions.

Do you have to uninstall an older version of MRUBlaster in order to put in a more updated version?

Why does MRUblaster have to be updated? In other words, are there types data from "outside" the computer (web sites? e-mail? downloads?) that the MRU Blaster has to be kept up-to-date on, and if so, what? I'm very curious about this.

2. Florestan

Florestan Guest

Somehow the intended last line of the above post got cut off:

Thanks for a terrific program!

--Florestan

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Florestan,

I'll skip answering your first question, because I know Javacool was working on a updater function for MRU-Blaster, but I don't know if it is finished.

Concerning the second part of your question: javacool keeps adding MRU's from more and more programs to MRU-Blaster (on request of users) and that is why there are updates.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Florestan

Florestan Guest

Thanks for your reply.

I checked over on the MRU Blaster page, and it says there that there's "no longer a need to uninstall a previous version before updating." I assume this means you can install a new version on top of the old one.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Florestan,

That is correct.

Regards,

Pieter

6. harkstone

harkstone Registered Member

What updates? I've been using MRUBlaster for a long time and the last 'update' was almost half a year ago (March 2:cool:. It is a good program for what it does though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.