Installed NOD32 on a friends machine

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by owziee, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owziee

owziee Registered Member

I uninstalled Norton on a friends machine because I told him NOD would make his machine feel much faster.

His Norton was updated and all... He was a bit sceptical about switching to NOD32 because he had never heard about it before.

After NOD (trial of course) was installed I updated it immediately and was going to check if his graphics drivers were outdated so I was just going to open control panel and bam!!! Virus alert! NOD32 said the file was infected, I deleted and clicked on another icon and another virus alert again. OMG I thought, he must have lots of viruses I thougt so I ran the on-demand scanner and scanned trough his entire HD and it found 12 trojans and 2 viruses!!! One of the trojans were also visible in taskmanager, so I had to edit the registry to prevent an error message at startup after the trojan was deleted since it was configured to start at windows boot-up.

After this I'm very happy to have NOD as my primary AV, I've seen Norton screw up before and now even once again.

Thank you ESET for making an excellent AV!

2. Alec

Alec Registered Member

I had a similar story occur a few weeks ago. Up-to-date NAV, but multiple trojans... same deal. I'm not sure why Eset/NOD gets such a bad rap about the lack of trojan support. NAV definitely seems far worse to me. Not quite so sure about some of the other AV products, but NAV certainly can't be better based upon my few experiences. I think some people just like to pick very fine-line argurments about the better AV products out there (NOD & KAV primarily, IMHO).

3. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

yeah i see that all the time, Nortons computers coming in, updated, we scan with NOD and its jammed with viruses, as soon as the customer see this they swap to NOD.

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Congratulations, Owziee. :D Another satisfied customer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.