Installed Mail Sec. 4 for exchange..HELP?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by azmike, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azmike

azmike Registered Member

Hello all.

I installed the Beta ver. of ESET Mail Security on my email exchange server(2003). Then it prompts you to reboot the server. When the server comes back online, go into the Mail Security and hit F5 to configure and spent an hour looking at settings, come to find out NO emails were coming thru. None whats so ever. I work for a school district and a teacher brought this to my attention. So I sent a few "TEST" emails out and the people I sent them to never recieved them. So after 2 hours trying to figure this out, I just uninstalled ESET Mail Security beta for Microsoft Exchange server 2003. Within a few minutes on uninstalling it emails came thru from 2 hours ago.
    Does anyone have any help with this?? I thank you in advance!

Mike

2. azmike

azmike Registered Member

No replys.....
    I really didn't change any settings after install. Was basiclly just looking to see how everything was configured. So is there something I need to change? Why would this stop all emails from coming thru? But like I said after uninstalling eset mail security, emails from 2 hours ago started coming thru. So something in ESET was holding up my email??:doubt:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling greylisting make a difference?

4. misterx11

misterx11 Registered Member

had the same problem, at my companies server.

Tried this in a test environment (exchange 2007 sp2) and after installing mail security for exchange v4, no mails were coming through. Until i disabled the transporter agents and anti-spam and then it worked again.

Contacted support with this issue but until now i didn't receive a right answer yet :(

did anyone fix this problemo_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.