Installed Acronis TIH 2009 will not reboot on restore from Windows

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ron57, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron57

Ron57 Registered Member

I am running Windows XP Pro. I have used Acronis TI8 and TI11 and never had this problem.

In Windows, when I want to Restore the C drive. Acronis tells me it has to reboot, but it does not shut down or reboot the computer.

I can use the Bootable CD and restore the C drive with no problem.

Can some one give me an educated guess as to why TIH 2009 is not able to do this?

Ron Spruell

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Most of the forum contributer's recommend when restoring your system disk or system partition, you should perform the restore when booted from the TI Rescue CD.

When the restore is attempted from within Windows, TI does not use Windows drivers but uses Linux drivers so you have a Linux drive issue. You can contact Acronis support/live chat and ask them about your issue. They may be able to help. Personally, I would always boot from the Rescue CD when restoring my system partition. Doing so takes Windows out of the issue.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. Ron57

Ron57 Registered Member

GroverH -

I would like to respectfully disagree.

I do frequent reinstalls of the Operation System. I do this because I try a lot of different software. If I don't like the software I want to get it completely off of my system.

I find that this is easier to reinstall the OS from Acronis than rely on the uninstallers provided by the software vendors to do clean uninstalls (especially Symantec and a few others).

I have done it this way since Acronis TI 8. I don't think I should change they way I don things because Acronis did not get it right with TIH 2009.

I don't think that it is a problem with the Linux side of the software. This computer runs the Acronis Boot Disk with no problems. It also runs most Live CDs. It will just not reboot in Windows. If it does reboot, it runs in Linux.

I do plan to go to Acronis Support. I will post back here with the results.

Ron Spruell

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ron57,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9709). If not, you should download and install the latest build of the program. This can help to solve the issue.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.