Installed a TDS 5 min ago, demo already expired !!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Bryan, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan Guest

I've just installed TDS on my machine, made sure to disable virus detector, unplug from ADSL, reboot machine after install.....as soon as I run the program for the first time, I get a "Thankyou for evaluating TDS-3!" popup(x2) and am told that the evaluation is expired......I haven't even had the program for 5 minutes !!

I'm running WinXP with absolutely ALL updates, AthlonXP2000+, 768mb ram, plenty of disk space left.

I've reinstalled several times, updated to latest radius file, checked this forum (didn't see my answer :oops:).....not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions on where to start ?

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

yo wazzzzzzzzz up it dah blaze lol

Will there could be a number of reasons why this is happening i only know of two but the programmers I'm perty sure know of more

main two reasons are these why you would be having this problem.

tds detected very old tds registry keys from way way back and wont let you install the newest demo.

or you just bought this pc used which means who ever you bought it from had tds befor on that pc and you never even knew about it.

tds hides keys in your registry thats know its able to detect previous instillations

every software maker practices this its so People don't uninstall and try to clean out the registry keys and then reinstall for further use of the software.

its to prevent cheating its nothing new.

personally i know how to get clean installs of tds but its not easy and id get yeah at for posting it lol.

you know Bryan if i were you id just save up the money and buy it.

i know its pricey and kinda expensive it took me months to come up with the i think close to 60 bucks to buy it.

but you know man you cant go wrong with this software it really is the best trojan detector.

i figure if it good enough for cia lol it good enough for my pc protection lol.

seriously id bite the bullet and just buy it.

if you ever going to pay for anything id pay for this its will worth it so is boclean these two seem to go hand in hand

3. Bryan

Bryan Guest

I know I can't really prove it to you, but, I've never had this software on my machine - didn't know about it up until today (found it in my Google search for a Trojan checker). I installed everything on this computer since new, no one else has ever owned it either.

In all honesty, I'm not about to dish out the money to buy any bit of this software when I can't even get the demo to work on my machine and only have the statement of 'bite the bullet and just buy' going for it.

If it works and I can see results, I'd end up buying it - considering all the crap thats going around the internet/email these days. I have no intentions of buying it before hand, sorry.

4. Bryan

Bryan Guest

Funny, just after my last post (stating that I didn't have TDS), I found that some computer was connected to my system at port 1126. I really hope that my logged IP on this wasn't used ?

Offending IP - 63.210.47.32
    Host - unknown.Level3.net
    Port - 1126

I don't normally have this happen, coincidence ? Can anyone tell me about port 1126 ?

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Bryan,

Please register (so you have acces to the "profile seciton"), go to Gavin's profile, pick up his email address and drop him an email. I'm pretty sure all this can be solved soon ;)

regards.

paul

6. Bryan

Bryan Registered Member

Thanks Paul, I registered and PM'd Gavin (his email was hidden). Just waiting for a reply.

7. Paul Wilders

Bryan,

I'll IMed you Gavin's email address just in case; check your inbox over here ;)

regards.

paul

8. Mr.Blaze

remember to read the two easy steps to use it when you get it lol

most people get overwhelm when they see the toys and it realy only takes two clicks to use it.

still its silly you know your just going to end up buying it lol why you ask cause its the best thats all there is to it.

its fact like the air you breath you cant see it but its there and you ned it lol

9. Paul Wilders

Blaze,

Nice to see you being this happy with TDS. Since we are trying to solve a problem here, please do not interfere, will you?

Thanks in advance.

regards.

paul

10. Mr.Blaze

:D will good luck

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The frustration of searching for other postings about this subject and not finding it .............. XP it is ehmmmm still don't see it. Really needed DCS team answer it seems.
    I emailed the DCS support too for you.

If you want to know what is all happening on your system: connections to and from your system, applications and ports used, datapackets and spying on them, whois, countries, blocking sending/receiving, throttling, and log all that you might really like Port Explorer. Hope that evaluation gives you some better experience at the moment.
    Grab an evaluation version at www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer and you can see immadiately who is on that port 1126!

12. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hmm OK ignore my PM about that.. the connection could have been something in XP to Microsoft, maybe even the AutoUpdate. You might want to get XP AntiSpy.. dont want to send anyone to the FAKE site which had a dialer on it :/

http://www.xp-antispy.org/

ONLY ever use this site, not the .DE fake site

Of course Port Explorer would be a good idea, you can see whether it is a SYSTEM process or some other which is making / accepting that connection

13. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

If you stick around, you should find that the guys here are some of the nicest anywhere, especially the mods - and VERY much on the straight and narrow. Paul wouldn't have it any other way :) the success of the site as a resource is a testament to that (all of which is volunteered, including some hefty web hosting fees)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.