installation problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kelkay, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

I had F-Secure online scanner on my computer, and didn't even realize it until I tried to install NOD32. It said F-Secure Software could interfere with my NOD32. I did a search, and deleted the online scanner. It did not come up in programs, or add/remove programs. It did not even show file size, or date installed. So I thought it was taken care of, but when I try to install NOD32 again, it still shows that message. Now when I do a search, it shows no such software. (I deleted the only one) Should I ignore warning and continue installation, or am I asking for trouble by doing that? I do not have any paid programs from S-Secure at all. I only did the scan because I recently had virus problems,and had to do a lot of different scans to make sure my computer was finally clean.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume there must be some leftovers from F-Prot in the registry. Just ignore the warning and install EAV.

3. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

Thanks, I will give it a try. Sounds reasonable. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.