Installation of V3.20.202

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by PeterVO, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterVO

PeterVO Registered Member

Hello,

currently version 1.10.173 is installed.

Can V3 be installed on top without deinstalling the previous one or is that not recommendedo_O?

A while ago I downloaded the exe's "3.20.202p" and "3.20.202lp". I'm a bit confused now which one to use for upgrading. What's the difference between the two?:eek:

Kind regards,

PeterVO

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

It is highly recommended. Install it ontop, it will move your FDISR out of MBR. I did an upgrade like this, and I believe many here did too. No problems whatsoever.

There is a "Server" and a "Workstation" version of the software. Perhaps you should download a fresh copy, since you stated that you downloaded your copies a while ago.

Cheers.

3. PeterVO

Hello,

tried to install V3 on top of the previous one but got a message saying to first deinstall the previous version which I did.

V3's installation went smoothly. Used the "3.20.202p.exe" downloaded from the Leapfrog-website which identifies itself in the "about"-window as "FirstDefense-ISR from Horizon Datasys" o_O

Kind regards,

PeterVO

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I'm sorry. I gave you a false info. It was I while ago when I did that, so it seems my memory was not so fresh. :doubt:
    But all went smoothly as you say, and 3.20 asked you to uninstall previous version, which is nice. :)

Have you seen this thread?

Cheers. :)

5. PeterVO

Hello Seer,

yes I've. But not so long ago before the new agreement with Horizon Data, when an updated version was downloaded from the Leapfrog-site, it always identified itself as coming from "Leapfrog" and not from "Raxco". Just wondering.

Kind regards,

PeterVO

6. Seer

Seer Registered Member

"Leapfrog" is the developer. "Raxco" is/was the distributor. Now it's Horizon DataSys. That's all I know. I am not very familiar with this "ownership" over FDISR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.