Installation of TI 11 Build 8053 over 8027 stalls/hangs/won't finish

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kritker, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kritker

Kritker Registered Member

Installing True Image 11 Build 8053 over 8027 on my Win XP Pro SP2 system stalls/hangs/won't finish.

I am left with the "Installing Acronis True Image" window with the the messages "Acronis True Image Home is being installed" and "Please wait". The progress bar shows that installation is (near) complete but only the Cancel button is highlighted. It stays this way until I shut down and restart at which point the new build starts or until I terminate it using the task manager. BUT is the installation really complete? Will I have problems?

Oh, yes, cancelling the installation does nothing. Tgerminating it with Task manager works.

I really don't relish the idea of doing an uninstall and then a reinstall. I certainly don't want to do a manual uninstall.

I only upgraded because build 8027 was giving me restore problems. Whatever reinstallation I do now I will have to redo once I am finally able to restore an archived partition.

Can anyone from Acronis advise? Thanks.

Addendum:The installation obviously didn't complete. True Image started OK but I am now left with a stalled "Welcome to the Restore Data Wizard" window after terminating the installation with the Task Manager. I'd back up to an earlier image of the C drive but restore wasn't working. (I will ask about that in a different thread.)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kritker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the Windows CleanUp utility, install and run it. Select the Acronis product you are trying to install and click Remove.
    Please also clear Windows temp folders. Then try installing Acronis True Image 11 Home again.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the installation log file the way it is described in this previous post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.