Installation glich

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by alex812, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex812

alex812 Registered Member

I have just reinstalled Process Guard following a catastrophic hardware failure. But after the installation it did not run on startup as previously. Clicking on PG in the menu started it up OK but PG reported that pgaccount.exe was not running.

I've overcome this by sticking links to procguard.exe and pgaccount.exe in the startup folder and that works OK. But I’m fairly sure that this isn’t how it used to be. Am I a couple of registry entries missing and, if so, from where, and what are they? Then I can enter them manually.

Thanks

Alex

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Be sure you are in an ADMIN account, since PG is not meant to run in limited accounts unless you use RUN AS.

If you make this into a text file and rename it to .reg, you can enter the startup registry keys.

-- copy below this line --

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "!1_ProcessGuard_Startup"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ProcessGuard\\procguard.exe\" -minimize"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "!1_pgaccount"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ProcessGuard\\pgaccount.exe\""

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i have run into glitches before when installing PG..

i would uninstall it and then try reinstalling it again.. to uninstall PG, i would disable PG's protection, and then use "task manager" to close all of PG's running processes, and then run the uninstall from add/remove, and then reboot..

also, if you are using some registry protection, you might consider disabling that too, while installing PG..

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Actually, this is wrong !

DON'T uninstall PG 3.150 from Add/Remove programs, this doesn't work correctly. Use the "Uninstall ProcessGuard" shortcut created in Programs. If protection is disabled this will work every time. Uninstalling from Safe Mode also works perfectly every time.

We have corrected this for the next version, must have been an oversight when the 3.150 version was prepared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.