Installation assistance

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by coiter, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coiter

coiter Registered Member

one thing i have some issues with here is the replication issue.

i have enabled eras on both servers, and enabled replication to/from on each of them in server options. Also enabled mirror settings on both servers in the server options.

bot the mirror server failes to create its own mirror folder on the server itself, and i dont know why, as no errors show.

any ideas how to assist. eras servers seems fine, and the main server is updated, but it doesnt seem to want to replicate.

2. coiter

coiter Registered Member

hmms.

im reading the manual, and it says i can do mirror either by eras, or by the antivirus software itself. I have chosen ERAS., i have followed the instructions on 3.3.3 in the manual and enabled updates there both on the main server and the mirror server, where mirror server points to main server.

Only updates flip is discussed there, so i assume that is what to be used with mirroring.

but now reading on, i come to 4.6.5 in the manual it takes about replication, with using to/from replication between upper and lower servers.

but then it takes about updates in 4.6.6 again, and list reference to both the ERAS server and the antivirus software itself.(advanced setup window)

So which is, and how is ito_O?

Is there anyone here that can give me some pointers, i would hope that there would be someone that can help me since being an official support forum.

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi coiter, It sounds like you're reading the manual, which is a great start.
    Maybe it will help to give a brief definition of the terms. Let us know if this helps--

Replication:

Replication is usually used in an environment with hundreds of clients and several RA servers. The concept is that lower RA servers send (or replicate) their client information to upper RA servers. The advantage of this is less overall communication (network traffic) between the clients and the RA server.

Mirroring:

New virus signature updates are downloaded from ESET servers to the Mirror server. The clients can then check in on a designated interval and receive the latest virus signature updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.