install of remote agent fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smoked, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoked

smoked Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image version 8.0 on a Windows 2000 server in my home network. I have successfully pushed out the remote agent to all of the computers in my network except one. The one exception is running Windows XP Pro SP2, as opposed to the others which are running Windows 2000. As soon as I initiate the push from the management console on the server, I get the message "logon failure, unknown username or password". I am using the same account that I am currently logged into the XP workstation with and I am logged is as admin on the server. I have tried resetting the password and have tried another account on the XP pc. All my accounts on the XP box have admin access. I cannot figure out what the problem is, because I know its not because I'm giving it a bad username or password. I am able to login via Term Services from the server that Acronis resides on using the same account I'm trying with loading the remote agent. Is there any issues with XP, as I don't have this problem with my Windows 2000 workstations. I don't have my servers in any domain, everything is in a workgroup mode. No firewall or anti-virus is running on this machine, it only has a default install, as I just rebuilt it and want to take an image of it before I load anything. Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smoked,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please also note that according to section 3.2 of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide you should also do the following prior to installing Acronis components onto the remote machine:

- "If the remote PC runs under Windows XP, make sure the option Use simple file sharing in the Control panel → Folder options → Viewis disabled before the remote installation starts".

- "If the remote PC runs under Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed, make sure that the option File and Printer Sharing in the Control panel → Windows Firewall → Exceptions is enabled before the remote installation starts".

If that does not help and you still can not install Acronis Agent onto the remote PC then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both machines: server having Aconis Management Console installed and a remote workstation running Windows XP Professional.

Please also make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message you have received. Let us know when exactly you have received this error message.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. smoked

smoked Registered Member

disabling simple file sharing did the trick. Thanks very much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.