Install a Second Server to retieve AV updates from an existing server on the network.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hobsong, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobsong

hobsong Registered Member

Hi. My question relates to installing a second Nod Update server on our network so that it retrieves the av updates from the primary update server on our network.

We have 2 physical locations and 10.11.x.y networks on each site. The two sites are connected via isdn and the workgroup/domains on each site are accessible to each other. One site, say site A as the primary server, is connected to the internet, so it can automatically recieve the av updates. The Second update server, installed on site B, needs to retrieve its av updates from the server on site A as it is not connected to the internet.

I pose the question before i install the server on site B.

I have installed the server, and clients, on site A and both server and clients are updating correctly.

Thanks.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

use the local IP of your primary server to retrieve the updates - that's how I do it in our office.

3. hobsong

hobsong Registered Member

Thanks for you prompt reply. I have done as you suggested and it is now setup such that site A gets the updates from the web and site B gets the updates from site A. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.