Install 2.50.19?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I uninstalled a few weeks ago and installed v2.50.16 - everything is working fine. Just after that 2.50.19 was relased to fix a bug some had, as I didn't have the bug I was waiting for a component update.

Sorry to be asking but should I be uninstalling the version I have and installing 2.50.19 even though I don't have the bug o_O :oops: o_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

If you are not seeing any issues with 2.50.16 then I would say leave things as they are and wait for it to go to auto-update...

Cheers :D

3. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I have installed it over the 2.50.16 version without any problem. I suggest you to install it over .

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have a choice now ;) I think I will hold for the update component as I don't want a working NOD to get a wee bug unless I do find one.

Going to install for my neighbour so will be doing 2.50.19 for him - will let me see if there is anything different from my setup. I have had so many security progams to update recently I could do with one less for a few days anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

why didn't you install v2.50.19 straight away then.

6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sory to confuse - I uninstalled the previous version to 2.50.16 and within a week 2.50.19 was released to cure a wee bug. Posts at that stage were not to worry if you didn't have the bug, it is only after several weeks I started to wonder if I should be running this version hence my question today.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My recommendation is to remain with what you are using.

In regards to installing over the top, I have addressed this here.

Cheers :D

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Just back after installing 2.50.19 for my neighbour. Everything went fine, uninstalled previous version and installed new - configured to Blackspear's settings ran an indepth scan :) he will be pleased when he come home with his new splash screen ;) Still with 2.50.16 myself but have taken Blackspear's advice on this. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.