InmunOS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SafetyFirst, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

http://www.pentest.es/inmunos.php

Has anyone tried this?

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

3. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Sounds interesting.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Short, but very informative - LOL!

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i know:)

6. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Another sandbox for the browser. Its designed to run in Windows XP/Vista

7. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Sounds interesting. Think I'll give it a try. If I don't like it, or things go horribly wrong, I'll simply do a CloneZilla and return to where I am now.

Later...

8. Trespasser

Well, I tried it...but thank god for CloneZilla. I couldn't connect to the internet even though I had Windows Firewall with Advanced Security wide-open for outbound. It uses VMWare Player to power the linux images it displays on Desktop...one for those who use XP and another for Vista users. The browser within the image is, of course, Firefox (2.0.0.20). Even if I could have connected to the internet I would still have to type in every address I wish to visit...no bookmarks and no way to import them.

This whole experience gave me flashbacks to my Linux days when I would use VMWare Server to run XP (so my wife could play her "games"). I still use Linux (Ubuntu Jaunty) on my laptop (works great) but not on our main home computer (my wife uses that for her "games"...:cautious:...not that I'm resentful).

Over all I think this program has got some maturing to do. The ideas a good one but I think I'll pass for now. But, to be fair, I did try this in Windows 7. Maybe someone on XP or Vista would have a better experience.

Later...

9. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

Not sure if it was missed or not, but the website does say that it is in a "very" beta stage!

ds

10. Trespasser

Oh, I KNOW it's in a very beta stage (I can read, too...:)) but still you'd expect they'd have connecting to the internet as a top priority in their over all scheme of things . Don't you think? But like I said before the ideas a good one. If I could make my own VMWare linux image (the slimmer the better) with the latest Firefox along with my bookmarks then it might become my next sandbox since Sandboxie doesn't play with my SRP setup very well at the moment (meaning I can't/won't use it) in Windows 7.

Later...

11. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

Man that website didn't explain anything :D

But I googled around and it seems it's a "virtual browser". According to this link :

12. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

It marries the best of Windows and Linux together. There are virtually no viruses or malware written for Linux. In the remote event they did infect the IMMUNOS browser, they couldn't run on the Windows desktop. And Windows viruses and malware won't run on Linux. Pretty cool security there!

13. Trespasser

I'm in InmunOS right now but this time I installed the latest VMWare Player version (2.5.3 versus their 2.5.0). At least I'm connected to the internet now. Can't tell which Linux Distro they're using because it's wrapped up in an image file (79,558KB in size). Scratch that...it's Knoppix. It functions rather slow as well. With VMWare Player install (132 MB) and the disc image (almost 80MB) we're talking over 200 megabytes of hard drive taken up. I'll have to think on that one as to whether it's worth it or not.

Later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.