Infrequent Poster

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by siljaline, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

siljaline and eurekamind-

Maybe this will give you a clue-for future reference

about my nick-anyway...

Have Fun!:ninja:

2. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

I would prefer my title to be reset back to infrequent poster.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

"Regular Poster" as a tittle sure beats a tittle such as "SPAMANATOR", madeup for this guy at a forum I go to. Unfortunately no one there could comeup with a less ruder sounding rank, so a bunch of us are stuck with this rude sounding tittle :cautious:

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

How about, "Possibly Frequent Post Reader?

-HandsOff

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

heres an interesting idea: what if ur title reflected your average posts per day, instead of total posts?

idk, im just throwing out some suggestion...

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi Everyone,

I think it could be a good idea if people representing Vendors (even on a non-official basis, like me) were flagged as being a "representative of".

This would help visitors that come here infrequently who may not know the regular crowd, or may have missed messages from months ago where individuals introduced themselves as being "rep of" or "working for".

Mike

7. HandsOff

Maybe we could display a list of logo's with a red circle and diagonal line to indicate the products that we like to bash!

-HandsOff

8. eurekamind

eurekamind Registered Member

Here is my little suggestions in this regard:

Point in consideration: One can easily notice that WSF displays the information about the total posts at the top right-hand side along with the ID & title on the left-hand side. One can easily guess and understand about his/her posting nature by seeing the total posts figure. So I think there is no need to specify it separately through titles in the same line. Instead, titles should be used to reflect his expertise, personality, the way he/she is useful/helpful for WSF etc.

So, it gives two broad categories:

[1] Regular Member: for all the normal posters without any expertise on any perticular field

[2] Other titles like Administrator, Global Moderator, Security Expert, Firewall Expert, She who posts lots of smileys, etc. : As per his/her expertise, personality, position in WSF, the way he/she is useful/helpful for WSF etc.

In this way we will be able to have more information about any member and his/her true nature in WSF.

9. HandsOff

How does "Highly Intelligent Idiot" strike you?

-HandsOff

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'd like to thank everyone fot the thoughts, but, as I said above, we're going to be leaving things the way they are for the time being. (Some of the ideas would be technically difficult to implement based upon how the forum software works, while others would be hard to accomplish given the manual effort or coordination they'd require.)

As we won't be changing this, I'm going to close the thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.