Info NO32 and clean scanning.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by FoxesHunter, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxesHunter

FoxesHunter Registered Member

Hi, I have just installed the latest version on NOD32 and I have configured it with extra setting.
    Then I have scanned my PC. I have opened "Run NOD32" and I have clicked on "Clean" button.
    NOD32 have found a trojan, it is:
    C:\Programmi\Internet\Eudora\In.mbx.002 »MIME »part000.htm - HTML/Phishing.gen trojan

I use NOD32 with NOD32 Kernel- Execution of an external application and with this “Command line”
    C:\ /clean /ah /all /subdir+ /heur+ /scanfile+ /scroll+ /arch+ /pack+ /mapi- /pattern+ /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /heurdeep /log+ /prompt /program

But during the scanning never asked me anything, that is if I liked to delete that trojan.
    Will NOD32 have deleted automatically that infected files?
    thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

By using the /prompt switch it should "Prompt user for action upon detection".

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since the mbx file is actually a mailbox, NOD32 will not delete it automatically. You will have to open your mail client, look up the particular email and delete it manually. However, this is not necessary for 2 reasons: a) emails in mailboxes are harmless unless you turn off the resident protection (AMON) and attempt to run the attachment. b) HTML/Phishing.gen trojan is actually a phising email which means it merely contains some text pretending to be sent from a bank authority to deceive the recipient and provide the attacker with the recipient's credit card number and other confidential information about his bank account

4. FoxesHunter

FoxesHunter Registered Member

I'm sorry but I don't undertsand, I am inexperienced.
    Have I reaplce "/prompt /program" with "/Prompt user for action upon detection"?
    I like NOD32 delete automatically the viruses.
    I'm sorry I have not noticed your reply, so I have made another post.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.