[Info] Dr Web renewal

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by shorty1, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

Because renewing Dr Web can be a difficult thing and there never seems to be an abundance of information about it I thought I would give an account of my recent experience. All currency quotes are in US dollars, btw.
    Anyway, I did send a request for a renewal at the 30% discount via This renewal link in on the Dr Web site.
    I received an email with a link where the renewal price was quoted as 23.69. When compared to the full price offer of 33.90 from the purchase link on Dr Web site Here, it is indeed a 30% discount. But of course we still have This link that others have posted where the renewal price is 20.00. I did end up using this link and renewing for 20.00. There were no problems and I received my license key this morning about 40 hours after I placed the order. Of course it being the weekend I didn't expect it any sooner.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thanks for posting that, I have a renewal coming up soon.

3. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I'm really tempted to buy this AV, but unfortunately as I have trialed it a LONG time ago, I am unable to get another trial key for this version. How is the RAM usage?

Also, Dr. Web seems to have great results on jotti's, and it is not uncommon for it to be the only product to pick up on something.

4. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

How long ago? Have you tried and been denied? It was my understanding that you were only allowed one trial key every 4 months.

5. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Wow, so it has been less than 4 months I suppose. Feels quite a bit longer.

Man, I'm stuck between NOD32 and Dr. Web. Eugh.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

@shorty1- Many many thanks. It was very thoughtful of you to share this information.

I am fervently hoping that the element5 link for $20 renewel is still there in July, when my time comes due. There is a strong possibility of a price increase in the near future, I'm afraid.

No, I have no hard information about DRW's prices. It's just that price of anything I want to buy ALWAYS goes up a few days before I buy it, & the warranty on my TV ALWAYS expires a few days before the it breaks down, and the toast ALWAYS falls butter-side down. sob :oops:

7. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Dr.Web is excellent. I tried every AV known to man, and ended up with the Doctor. So light, never conflicts with anything, and excellent detections and heuristics.

Thanks for the linkage!

8. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Thanks Shorty for those links, it is highly appreciated.
    Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.