Infiltrations

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by peetk, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peetk

peetk Registered Member

I have 100s of infiltrations indicated when I do a scan but I have no idea what an "infiltration" is ! When I type "infiltration" in NOD32's help, I get a zero return. What are they ?

2. Novicex

Novicex Registered Member

"infiltration" is a piece of malicious software trying to enter and/or damage a user’s computer. ESET>F1;)

3. peetk

peetk Registered Member

Thanks. But why, all of a sudden, do I have 610 infiltrations whereas before I have had none ? Wierd.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Look at your logs.

5. peetk

peetk Registered Member

The logs say a Win/32 Trojan Dropper Agent.NUO trojan was detected in the Firefox profile in Documents and settings and in another folder also in Documents and Settings (I can't remember which one and I don't have access to my laptop right now). The files were quarantined and then removed by me. This happened on 21st February, the day on which I installed NOD32 v.3 after many years of using NOD32 v.2x without the slightest problem or infection. Very annoying but was perhaps caused by my not going through the configuration procedure before using the machine. However, I would have thought that the "out-of-the-box" configuration would have been sufficient for most needs !

I attampted to scan the HDD during the night but the progress bar "hangs" on 79% although the scan appears to continue. I left the computer on all night and this morning the progress bar was still on 79% so perhaps the scan restarts every now and again - it can't take more than 6 hours to scan a hard disk drive !

I suppose I should have stuck with NOD 2.7 ! Now I'll have to go through the painfull process of cleaning up the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.