Incremental Image Failures

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rj0, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rj0

rj0 Registered Member

I've twice created full drive images on an external USB drive successfully with TI 8 (which also worked in the past with TI 6), and performed the 'Check Image' successfully on them, but when I've subsequently tried using those TI 8 drive images to generate an incremental image, I immediately get back:

"The file you have chosen is not the Acronis True Image backup, or corrupted, or this is not the last volume of multi-volume image."

It 'is' the last volume and 'Check Image' still runs successfully on it, but I cannot select it as the basis for an incremental image.

The first time this happened I assumed that I somehow goofed up the original full image, so I created a new full image rather than the incremental I preferred. It ran fine and 'Check Image' also ran successfully on this new full image, but subsequently using this new 'good' image as the basis for a new incremental image still returns the error message above, even though 'Check Image' is still happy with it, and 'yes' the drive (with two partitions) selected is the same setup when requesting the incremental image as the full image.

I'm using the latest 786 build. Is it possible that I have to do separate full images for the individual partitions, in order for the incremental option to work (again with each partition separately), or am I just missing something?

rj

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rj0,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please try to copy the image to your internal hard drive and create an incremental image there. If the result is the same please send the description of all your steps in wizard to support@acronis.com.

The incremental back up creation option should work independently of whether you have the image of the single partition or of the full disk.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.