Incremental Image doubles in size/NTFS to FAT32?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bwbeye, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwbeye

bwbeye Registered Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have 2 questions, first... I tried an incremental image of an existing image and I noticed it double in size?, is this normal?, and if so... why not just do another full image and save the disc space and time... the incremental image took almost as long to create as a full image, so why bother with an incremental image?

secondly, I imaged to another partition (recently reformatted NTFS) and then attempted to move/copy the image to a USB2 external HDD (FAT32) and it won't allow me to do so saying disk is full (which it isn't) yadda, yadda, ya... They're DVD size images 4.3GB files and I'm thinking the FAT32 has a 4GB limit or something like that, is this the case?, pre NTFS conversion I as able to move/copy 4.3GB image files between FAT32 partitions.

Thanks for your help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bwbeye,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this is a known problem and it has already been investigated and fixed since build 2282.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

In case you are using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, please re-download it from our web site. It will be build 2302.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide me with the following information:

- Create one more incremental image and let me know the exact sizes of the initial full image and both subsequent incremental images;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

- What operating system you use?

Please be aware that the maximum file size allowed by the FAT32 file system is 4 GB. Thus Windows will not allow you to copy\move files larger than 4 GB to the FAT 32 formatted volume.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. bwbeye

bwbeye Registered Member

I'm still using Version 7, can this be corrected in my version?, I've been procrastinating upgrading to V9, guess it's time now. Thank you!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.