Incremental & Differential Backups

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Fiery_WA, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

I have HDM 2009 and now HDM 2011 installed on my PC, I have both scheduled to perform backups on different days.

This however is chewing up my 1TB external space, so I thought I would add both Incremental & Differential Backups, as I already have a complete backup (several actually)

I opened HDM 2011 and went to the folder I had created for HDM 2011 backups, followed the Wizard, and not one file I clicked on gave me the option to press the "next" button. (Incremental).

So I went to the backups made with 2009, same problem bar 1 folder that allowed me to schedule an incremental backup.

I then tried a differential backup, same problem not one folder would allow me to continue to the "next" button.

In all of the backups made with HDM 2009 I was just was not given the choice, however with the backups I have been making with HDM 2011 I received this message :- improper type of base archive.

Now I will be honest I don't know whether or not to do an incremental or differential backup. If I can get either to work.

Then comes the dumb question of what impact will either of these two backups have over a complete backup.

So far I have played it safe and only done full backups (which haven't let me down when needed).

I have 1 external 1TB hard drive dedicated just for my backups, and it is filling fast, I have deleted a number of them in order to make room for the later backups.

Call me stupid, but I would rather keep as many backups as possible, for that "just in case" scenario.

Ok I found 1 file in 2009 and one in 2011 full backups, set it up to do a scheduled incremental and differential backup.

Now being a woman I have changed my mind and want to stick with a full backup. How do I cancel these two backups I have created?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please specify what was selected for base archive? Hard Disk\partition? Is it complex backup (2 partitions or 1 partition + MBR) ?

Could you also post here some screens where option to click Next for Incremental|Differential is not shown?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.