Incremental Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mark21ray, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark21ray

Mark21ray Registered Member

Don't know what's wrong. Just installed Acronis ver 8 on our small company server running win 2000. First complete backup of both disks went well.
    Trying to schedule and incremental, I get a box saying "Enter name and password of a user. The task will be run as if it were started by that user. Please note that the domain name must be specified if the user is a member of a domain. Then an Enter User Name box comes up
    with administrator already entered
    When I fill the administrator password and confirm it, I get a message saying
    "login information is not correct" Do you want to continue?
    So, even though I am doing all this from the server I'm backing up what is the
    proper syntax to use in entering the user name. Where do I put domain name,
    that I don't understand why I need it since I'm working from one server?

If I do an incremental backup when I'm on site that works ok, set for don't
    do anything and then just run it, it runs ok. But I need to set the incremental function because I'm not on site except for weekends. Thanks

2. brassflutes

brassflutes Registered Member

User name for sys admin should be in format: domainname\username
    User must have at least backup user group priveleges.

But if this is MS Win 2000 server you need the TI Server product not the
    desktop PC version. Then you can run this as a system task even when logged off.

3. Mark21ray

Mark21ray Registered Member

Brassflutes:
    Thanks for the syntax. This should work out for me. Am using the plain server edition rather than the enterprise one.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.