Incremental Backup Overwrite

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dodecaysllabic, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodecaysllabic

dodecaysllabic Registered Member

My incremental backup files are not overwriting and now I'm out of disk space (100 gb). I think it my be because of the 4gb limit on FAT32. What is the easiest way to make it so that the backup is overwritten everynight? I have incremental backups that nubmer all the way up to about 65. I don't want to loose all my old backups. Thanks for your help. I'm on windows xp, btw, and I'm backing up to a network HD (bufallo).

- David

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I can suggest you to use Acronis Secure Zone to store your image archive for managing backups:

If there is not enough free space in Acronis Secure Zone to create a backup (either full or incremental), then Acronis True Image deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental backups.

If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental backups) left and full backup is in progress, then this only full backup (with subsequent incremental backup images) is deleted.

Otherwise (only one full backup left, and incremental backup is in progress) you will get out of space error. In this case you will have to either create full backup or increase the Acronis Secure Zone size.

You can always check how much free space left in Acronis Secure Zone on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

If you want to overwrite your incremental I recommeuse you to create full backups every week (or every 2 weeks, or every month) and incremental backups every day (or every 2 days). In this case each week (each 2 weeks, each month) the full backup and incremental will be replaced with the newly created one.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.