incremental backup is not possible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by not007, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not007

not007 Registered Member

In TI Home 11, I am getting this error message on 1 of 4 machines that are backing up to their own folders on a NAS device. any tips? because it's a disk image, it takes a long time to run this to see if it fails / passes, so it's very tedious to troubleshoot.

There's no files in the folder. It winds up making a file backup1.tib which is not a full backup.

normally, it makes a file backup.tib as the full, then the 1st incremental will be backup2.tib, then backup3.tib, etc? (there's not supposed to be a ___1.tib file?).

thanks!

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I think it may call the file "1." while the backup is in progress and renames it at EOJ.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I just verified it - it does name the file "1.tib" while running.

4. not007

not007 Registered Member

thanks for checking on that. But any thought on why it's giving the incremental backup is not possible error when there's no backup there already (so it should be making a full backup, but isn't doing that).

And something I am noticing - on a 10 / 100 network with 4 PCs and the Buffalo NAS in the basement. when a backup is running, browsing the NAS drive is really slow. just an issue with the buffalo - can't do 2 things at once : )?

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I really don't think that is surprising since TI's activity can easily load a 100Mbs connection given networking overhead.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello not007,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.