Incremental backup failing - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alex Ford, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ford

Alex Ford Registered Member

Hello,

I have been operating Acronis True Image Home 11 (latest build) with no problem until now. I have an external USB drive that has an incremental backup made of it twice a week and that has operated fine until now, but I replaced the drive with a bigger version as I was running out of space. I named the new drive the exact same as the old drive but when first running Acronis incremental backup with the new drive I got the error msg along the lines of "unable to resolve path - you need to edit the task", but Acronis would not let me edit the task, so I deleted the task and created a new one and that msg as now gone but the incremental backup still will not work, it starts and stops immediately with the error msg: 5(0x640005). So I created a brand new full backup (not using the scheduled task system) and that worked OK but still when I try and make a incremental backup of the drive I get the same error msg - All my other incremental backup tasks on other drives run fine - Does anybody have any thoughts/solutions for this please? Many thanks in advance!

Pic of the error here:

http://80.68.88.211/acronis1.jpg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alex Ford,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you are trying to create an incremental backup of a new drive while using a full backup created from old drive as a base? That is not possible since the sector map on the drive is entirely different.

If incremental backups fail to be created when using a new full backup as a base as well, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.