IncrediMail won't work when LnS is "ActivatedSoon"

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by manuangi, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

Just as I wrote in the subject...
    I got the ActivatedSoon advice from here. I applied the reg file...and Incredimail (my email client) stopped working!

It wouldn't search for emails anylonger, and sometimes it would suddenly terminate!

It took me time to recall what changes I had done to my system which could lead to IM not working anylonger...But eventually I was sure the ActivatedSoon reg file was the only thing I had added to the registry: no other softwares installed and/or the like.

I reverted the change, rebooted...and there I had IM working normally again!

Now, I find it odd that LnS layer catching the earlier loadings before fully booting can cause such a big repercussion on IncrediMail; how can it be?

Btw, I'm quite sure there's no other culprit beside the ActivatedSoon reg file: I tried to enable and disable that, and every time it was enable, IncrediMail wouldn't work properly.

I'm wondering whether this can be a general issue (bug), or it's just something related to my machine and its configuration...
    Can anyone running IncrediMail do some tests about that?

Anyway, I hope my experience can be of help to anyone finding himself in the same situation!

See ya!

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey manuangi

I believe your E-mail System is being blocked by a configuration in the Application Filtering Layer; you can determine this for yourself by Deactivating the Application Filtering Layer and run further tests (after applying the ActivatedSoon Flag), if this is the case which I’m pretty sure it is then it could possibly relate to one of the System components being blocked by either Launching or Connecting flag (Explorer.exe (Normally), SVCHOST.EXE...)

This is actually normal since this flag allows Look ‘n’ Stop to catch the early Loadings which gives you further Control over these System Components which I had mentioned few above. ;)

3. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

you were right!

what I did was to enable the ActivatedSoon reg file, then I deflagged the Application Filtering Layer (AFL) and Incredimail was working again! :eek:

as soon as I flagged it again, IM would stop behaving normally. :'(

so, as you said, it must have been something related to the applications managed by the AFL; but I couldn't find the proper one(s) to get fixed. :doubt:
    eventually I deleted all the list, and started building a new one! :rolleyes:

now IM's working with the AFL flagged and the ActivatedSoon enabled! :D

I have also read what you suggest on your page16..

thank you! :-*

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Re:you were right!

:D

Anytime ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.