'Incorrect UDP packet Length" with HP Printer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by annakova, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annakova

annakova Registered Member

Hi,

I recently got a new HP Printer and installed it as a network printer plugged into my router. The printer works fine, but since I installed it, my eset logs are filled with 'Incorrect UDP Packet Length" error messages (every five minutes there are four attempts), but with no source, target, rule name, or application information. If I turn the printer off, the messages stop, and when I turn it back on they start again, so I assume they have something to do with the printer driver. Is this something to be worried about and is there some way at least to stop registering these messages so that my log file is more useful?

Thanks,
    Anna

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. annakova

annakova Registered Member

Thanks, but this didn't stop the error messages. Any way to find out which application is sending the incorrect UDP packets (other than trial and error?)

Anna

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried installing a packet capture program like Wireshark and seeing if that provides any additional information about the source and destination points of the UDP network traffic?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.