Incorrect times attached to "MyBackup.tib" files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lakeman, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakeman

lakeman Registered Member

Each of the "MyBackup.tib" files on my external hard drive have a time stamp one hour ahead of the actual backup time. Is there a setting somewhere within True Image 10 that controls Daylight Saving Time? How can I make the "MyBackup .tib" files show the correct time?

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

No known (at least to me) cure for this. You'll get used to it after awhile. The last version of Ghost I used was always five hours off, so to me this was an upgrade. If you search the forum you'll find several threads on this.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

My files seem to get the right time stamp but the time recorded in the autonaming is off an hour, and the date too if the time is after 1:00 p.m.

In any event, as to why ATI can't tell time, you'll hear explanations fo GMT and daylight savings -- all of which are merely reasons that the time and sometimes the date too is simply wrong--certainly they aren't worthy excuses for schlubbing such a basic function. Let's face it, if you live in, say New York City, and at 1:45 p.m. ATI marks a file 14:45 p.m., that's simply wrong; that's an inability to correctly tell time. It would take some programming to correct, like allowing the user to specify a time zone and whether the user wanted daylight savings handled automatically, or some such thing. Or maybe just a flag poppping up now and then that says, "Whoa, I don't know how to tell time, so keep that in mind before you rely on me time reprots. and I can't tie my shoes either "

But it's not a fatal flaw. Sort of like living with someone that says "nuke-you-lar" instead of nuke-lee-ahr. You forgive them their minor ignorance or affectation and go on about your business ;-)

4. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Or maybe just using the system time that it got right on the time stamp. Agree with everything you said, shieber, including the "nuke-you-lar" part.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Oh, don't make it too simple for them. It will only confuse them and me ;-)

6. lakeman

lakeman Registered Member

Thanks for the discussion. I suppose it is some comfort knowing that I am not the only one with the wrong time stamps. I can live with this minor error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.