Incoming connection in the trusted zone..

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Kielty, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have a home network on which i have a print server attached to the router. ESS is blocking the incoming connections from this server by default. How can i get ESS to allow this incoming connection without creating a rule? The firewall is in automatic mode. Is there a way to exclude/trust the print server application on my PC without using interactive mode?

I can change the firewall to interactive mode and allow when prompted. This fixes the issue - but i don't want to use this mode??

2. Balthazor

Balthazor Registered Member

The trusted zone in ESS doesn't behave as a trusted zone should.

I had too many issues with this, and from my limited experience I had to use interactive mode to allow various network issues to run unhindered by ESS.

I ended up just going back to the anti-virus program only, uninstalling the suite.

3. capatt

capatt Registered Member

I just installed a networked printer (HP 1022n), but couldn't get it to work in Interactive Mode within the trusted zone. I solved the problem by shifting to Automatic mode, which I don't like. Seems no better than Windows built-in firewall.

I prefer Interactive Mode - I'd feel safer. Now I need a separate application that gives me the functionality of an outbound firewall.

4. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have tried many firewall applications in 'automatic mode' - KIS, Norton, ZA etc. all allow the connection to my print server in the trusted zone. Why won't ESS?

Is there a fix on the way?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you enable logging blocked connections, is there something being logged in the Personal firewall log?

6. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I am still getting this issue in automatic filtering mode. ESS v3.0.642.0

If i enable logging i get multiple copies of the following..

04/03/2008 21:48:17 No usable rule found 192.168.0.2:13364 192.168.0.4:13878 UDP

any ideas why ess is blocking a print server on a home network in the trusted zone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.