Inbounds blocked due to Internet Servers

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by CloneRanger, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

:D That was only for a short time whilst i was doing something else.

Thanks :thumb: But i don't seem to be able to, as my DNS IP #'s are not in there, there only show up as inbounds in here

dns-p.gif

And i can't put my IP in as it's dynamic.

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

DNS servers are seen in ipconfig /all screen in your post#4.
    You obliterated them, so I can't possibly tell you what they are.
    Run ipconfig /all again and enter both into ZA.
    At the same time add your router address and the loopback address.

3. CloneRanger

@ act8192

Hi,

How though, if as i said the options are greyed out in the Programs log list, as i showed ?

Don't have a router, it's a USB 3G Modem !

4. act8192

Did you permit Firefox to ACCESS trusted and internet?
    Your screen shot of the alert indicates PROGRAM was blocked, while I'm talking about the FIREWALL zones tab where you put the IPs. If you include loopback in the zones list, FF should work.
    PROGRAMS is a whole other tab. Just allow it ACCESS to trusted and internet and be done with it.

When I used free and paid ZA, I found it easy and liked it very much. If you read HELPs it might help you.

Finally, I don't know what 3G is, don't have one. It's something that might not work with an old version of ZA, though I doubt it. Internet is internet.

Dynamic IP should be no issue. You have to make the network trusted. Your modem might be network address translating (NAT). Doesn't your internal IP stay constant? Doesn't ZA ask about new network detected? And is it trusted or not? It normally does. If not, your installation might be broken.

sorry, CloneRanger,
    I tried, but can't help you more. Reading the user manual or click on the HELP button should steer you in the right direction.

5. CloneRanger

@ act8192

Just to let you know, might be making some progress ;)

Someone advised me not to allow server access for Internet, only Trusted ? Anyway i've tried allowing both for FF & PSOL & i still get the inbound blocks that are listed as trying to reach those programs !

Well that's just it Everything works just fine as is, i wanted to establish why i was seeing SO many inbound blocks to FF & PSOL & sometimes other Apps !

I now realise we were talking at cross purposes due to the repetition of identical = the Firewall & Program tabs :D I've now included both my DNS IP's into here as trusted, which is what i "presume" you meant all along ?

f1.gif

sub.gif

3G is a wireless broadband USB modem that replaces a wired router/modem. It works using mobile phone tech, through the exact same base stations.

Modem is confirmed not NAT.

You mean the SubNet 255.255.255.255 one ?

It asks for permission to allow out Generic Host Process every time i want to connect.

Anyway, Thanks for your advice etc, i Appreciate it :thumb: :thumb:

6. act8192

Oh, CloneRanger, you've made me dig through old acronis images, but I think you're closer than a day ago, so I thought I'll help a tad more.

You have to trust your own adapter. I mentioned earlier you'll see yourIP/subnet entry to work on. I'm behind a NAT router (two in fact), so some of my lines will not make sense to you.

Fill in that box. Enter IP which you're now hiding on the IP line. Then enter the subnet mask on the subnet line, and trust the whole thing. It's not internet. It's your private address some outfit gave you. Your subnet ends with .255 not .0, so make sure you type it in correctly.

Your DNS lines look fine. You still need to add loopback 127.0.0.1 and trust it.
    This is an ancient screen shot from, I think, v5 free, but might be v6, and the LAN range is needlessly big, since I only need it for 4-5 boxes.
    Trusted.png
    If your IP changes often due to direct connection, ZA will ask you every time if you trust it, and that first line will change, or new line will be added - I think it'll change but I don't remember.

FireFox: ACCESS in ZA means you connect to a place. Outbound. FF needs green check in both trusted and internet. FF should have two red X on the Server columns. The only program that needs trusted server is svchost. Unless you're running some server for others to use.
    Once again, an ancient picture. Clearly I haven't at that point set red X on everything, but the ? asks, so is ok. Note IE or Opera setting, do the same for FF. Also note what's not going out to the internet at all (media player). Also realise, this was some screen shot at some point in time, ages ago,
    ProgList-later.png

and you can see the effect in the subsequent log. Note the existence of loopback in this log for both IE and WMP.
    InitialAnswers.png

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  7. CloneRanger

@ act8192

Thanks for doing that :thumb: Memories hey ;) I'll peruse over what you've kindly posted & see what i can do.

Funnny thing is, i don't remember having ALL these blocking issues Ever in the past, until fairly recently ! And everything worked fine before without putting in IP's & Trusting etc etc. Also as i said, i have FULL internet access to & with Anything i want, so i wonder why i need to do it & why it works fine without !

But i will try you suggestions :) And we'll see if that stops the blocks. Wonder why they suddenly started ?

8. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

So is there some malware or ... just Zone Alarm at work ?!

9. CloneRanger

@ act8192

Hi, i havn't forgotten about your suggestions etc, just been Very busy trying to help someone out on here with BIG problemos ;) Takes a lot more time than people might realise !

@ Sm3K3R

Would it make you happy i was phooked :p I've run numerous MBR etc checks & other scans etc with some top Apps & AV's etc, & ALL report & show i'm 100% clean :)

So either there are All wrong or ?

10. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Ok ,i understand ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.