in OSX how to "Scan with Eset" right click / services menu

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by polocanada, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polocanada

polocanada Registered Member

Has anybody figured out how to add "Scan with Eset" to the right click menu in Mac. I am thinking about adding this to the Services sub-menu. Ideally I'd like to be able to right click on (a) file(s) or folder(s), select the "Scan with Eset" item in services submenu and start the scan. Unfortunately I am not skilled in Apple scripts yet. Thanks.

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Hi. You have to enable the context menu option in ESET Cybersecurity.

Open the application preferences by clicking the ESET icon on your menu bar and then click Preferences..., or from the program GUI click Setup > Enter application preferences.

Click User > Context Menu and select the check box Integrate into the context menu.

Restart or log off/log back in and when you right-click a file, the scanning options (and other options) will be available under the Services submenu.

NOTE: ESET Cybersecurity also features Drag & Drop, where you can drag a file or folder to the open ESET window (or to the ESET dock icon, if enabled) to be scanned.

We will create a Knowledgebase article with images as well. I will post a link to it in this thread when it's completed.

3. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

For illustrated, step-by-step instructions for enabling the right-click menu (context menu) in ESET Cybersecurity for Mac, see this ESET Knowledgebase article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.