In-depth analysis??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Daje, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daje

Daje Registered Member

What is in-depth analysis? How often should i use it? What is the different between in-depth analysis and the on demand scan i have set up using BLACKSPEARS tweak?

I also see that there are different versions of nod32 coming. My version is 2.50.19. When a new version comes, is it called 2.50.20 or is it 3.0? Do i have to download the new version when it is realeased or will my nod32 automaticly update itself? How often are new versions realeased?

As you probaly see i dont know much about these things, and my english arent that good. So if anyone understands what i`m writing about and want to give me some answers.. THANK YOU!! :D

2. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

it scans with all settings to maximum. (hightest heuristics, runtime packer, archives etc enabled)

3. Daje

Daje Registered Member

Ok. Thanks! Now i wonder:

I have tweaked my on-demand scanner like it says in BLACKSPEARS tweak. There i have to copy a line with different comands into nod32 comandline. Is it the same strenght over that tweak as it is in in-depth analysis mode? Does it matter which of them i use? Or is In-depth analysis stronger?

I have copied this comand line into nod32 execution af an external application:

/local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Daje, welcome to Wilders.

The In-depth Analysis scan will prompt for actions upon finding an infection, whereas the command line scan will do everything automatically according to actions you have chosen for each file type, if you have followed my settings then this will be a silent scan.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

5. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Hi Daje!

When a new version comes, it will generally be 2.50.21 or .24 or something like that. The last two digits represent the internal build number. If a major change is done in Nod, it might even be version 3.0!

When a new version is released, you will definately get it via auto update. But it will take time. If u want the new version ASAP, u can download it from the Nod website.

How often a new version is released, u really cant say. If a major bug is found out, a new version is released immediately otherwise, as and when new things are added, a new version is released. It should be more like a new version in 4-6 months or so!

Regards,

Kalpik

6. Daje

Daje Registered Member

GREAT!! :D

Thanks! I`m starting to understand little by little about nod32. Thank you for your answers. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.