In defense of “Good Enough” security

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

http://www.csoonline.com/article/3111987/security/in-defense-of-good-enough-security.html

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I agree with the author. It's the difference between simplifying and optimizing.

Look at any subject or field of interest (be it security, technology, audio, music, etc) and you would find that it is mostly the enthusiasts that are into optimization. The idea is to chase after the best, the latest and greatest setup...

For the majority of folks, simplifying by opting for the "good enough" setup makes sense when one consider the ROI (time, energy, money spent, etc).

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, I also agree. I have said it before, there is has to be a balance between security and convenience. Of course I still prefer security tools that can tackle as much threats as possible, but it has to be done in a way that it's not too intrusive and annoying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.