In apps payment extension in Chrome Browser

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ghodgson, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi,
    I've just been looking around CCleaner and it shows that there is a new extension in Chrome Browser ver 29 which has installed itself called the 'In Apps payment service ver 0.0.41'.
    It does not show up in any of the settings , and had it not been for CCleaner I wouldn't have known it was there.
    Having just googled the problem, some others are complaining about this piece of software and it appears it was installed in the latest version automatically and looks as if it's embedded in the browser, with no way of removing it.
    I don't want this app in my browser and tried to delete it with CCleaner but it just re-installs itself.
    Does anyone have any idea how to kill this unwanted software which is no doubt a security risk.
    Failing all else I will uninstall Chrome Browser.
    Thanks guys.

2. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I use chromium and its been there since v28-29 I think, it was used to call google payments or something like that, I have disabled (not deleted) via ccleaner and its fine unless I install an update. Honestly I dont have much idea but maybe this is related to the selling extensions?

3. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Indeed you are correct it can be disabled but not deleted with CCleaner, which I have done.
    Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.