improve hive heuristic?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Major, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major

Major Guest

Hi, i like to have some suggestion's from you that are little more from an expert maybe :) a suggestion's on how to Upgrade/ "Improve" -HIVE HESURISTIC detection- ? let's say dr.web, bitdefender and f-secure hive detection how to Upgrade those so their hive detection could be better and detect more big malware's without adding signtaure! some suggestions please?

2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

i odnt think its possible..

3. Major

Major Guest

why isn't it possible? let say dr.web wants to upgrade to a better hive detection, and they want suggestion's! what is wrong with it? they just need some suggestions to improve to a better hive detection and then upgrade!
    So all suggestion's on how to upgrade to a better Hive detection would be nice ? someone please?

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

May i ask why you think users around here would be able to suggest how to improve on something as difficult to improve on as heuristics? It's not done overnight and there is not a lot of forumsurfers (if any) that will be able to help those programmers already working on this at BitDefender/DrWeb, since they have no insight (for obvious reasons) into how BitDefender/DrWeb has programmed their versions of heuristics.:)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Neither I can comprehend how users could contribute to improving heuristic detection capabilities... unless they are highly skilled programmers having dealt with viruses for a considerable amount of time and employed by a particular AV company so that they are trustworthy to know ins and outs about a particular AV.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Also HiVE Technology is a trademark name for BitDefender's heuristics.
    Other AV's have their own names but in general you should use just "heuristics" when talking about proactive detection in general.
    Though several different products use different special names for their heuristic technology. Like BitDefender has HiVE, Norman has Sandbox, NOD32 has Advanced Heuristics (ThreatSense),VBA32 has MalwareScope/Paranoid Heuristics etc etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.