Importing blocklist into McAfee

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Jimbob1989, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I have installed, McAfee Personal Firewall Plus v6.0.6014 and I there is an area for blocked IP addresses. I have blocklist manager or can get the list off the internet. What I want to know is how to I import the IP addresses into Mcafee, I can only see a manual option.

Jimbob

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2005
  2. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

I use McAfee Security Suite (with the firewall) and Spyblocker on a second machine.

Spyblocker have the PacFile to block some IPs.
    In this case i'm not sure that the same method (copy the list of IP's to a text file and save it to McAfee firewall) will work.

On this link, there's a list of IP's to block.
    And if someone wants to do it manually, he'll surely do it with a great pleasure ;)

http://spyblocker-software.com/IPB/index.php?showtopic=768

Regards

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Yes, I would be very happy to do it, no probs ... on a second thought...naahhh too much work. I think you can copy-paste it. you should look in to your Mcafee folder if there is a configuration file or whatever you maybe can open it with notepad and paste it in it.

sometimes that will work. There isn't a possibility to convert it automatically to mcafee firewall, maybe you can find info on the forum of B.I.S.S. , they are very helpful.

Infinity/Optimizer

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

the pacfile works toghether with the host and you should make a proxy redirection to your pacfile, to have a full description on how the pacfile works, you should read the description Bethrezen made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.