Importing blocklist into McAfee

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Jimbob1989, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I have installed, McAfee Personal Firewall Plus v6.0.6014 and I there is an area for blocked IP addresses. I have blocklist manager or can get the list off the internet. What I want to know is how to I import the IP addresses into Mcafee, I can only see a manual option.

Jimbob

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2005
  2. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

I use McAfee Security Suite (with the firewall) and Spyblocker on a second machine.

Spyblocker have the PacFile to block some IPs.
    In this case i'm not sure that the same method (copy the list of IP's to a text file and save it to McAfee firewall) will work.

On this link, there's a list of IP's to block.
    And if someone wants to do it manually, he'll surely do it with a great pleasure ;)

http://spyblocker-software.com/IPB/index.php?showtopic=768

Regards

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Yes, I would be very happy to do it, no probs ... on a second thought...naahhh too much work. I think you can copy-paste it. you should look in to your Mcafee folder if there is a configuration file or whatever you maybe can open it with notepad and paste it in it.

sometimes that will work. There isn't a possibility to convert it automatically to mcafee firewall, maybe you can find info on the forum of B.I.S.S. , they are very helpful.

Infinity/Optimizer

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

the pacfile works toghether with the host and you should make a proxy redirection to your pacfile, to have a full description on how the pacfile works, you should read the description Bethrezen made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.