Important info for OA Premium banking mode users

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by avboy, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avboy

avboy Registered Member

In case you are not aware, OA Premium in banking mode allows connections to certain other web sites than your specified domains. So when you are connected to your bank, your browser can still open connections to Microsoft, Sun etc.
    Details here:
    http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/7576-banking-mode/page__view__findpost__p__46193

So if you want a complete locked down browser except only one connection to your bank or shopping site, you have to stop the ones above through a Hosts file or other software.

Hope this is useful and has not been posted before.

Thanks

Edit: The above list is hard coded in OA Premium and cannot be overridden in OA banking mode.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

from my point i can NOT suggest that complete locking.
    if one of trusted websites need some update concerning certificate i can
    not be checked due that locking - connection will be refused - no banking.

the information is a bit late, nevertheless i wont have any issue with it.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

That's true. Then, either you trust the certificate or you don't... or -and I love this this or :D- one can use a dedicated Chromium browser profile just for accessing the bank account.

Chromium now uses its own internal certificates revocation list; eventually it will hit Google Chrome stable channel. Most likely it's also present in Google Chrome canary and dev channels.

This way, one gets to fully block connections, except to the bank's IPs. And, the browser still checks certificates revocation, but using its own internal database.

You do need to allow Safe Browsing to connect to the Internet. So, my suggestion would be to have a Chromium profile that will be used only for getting the Safe Browsing data, and then place it on the Bank's profile folder. Or, allow an initial connection to Safe Browsing, and then only to the bank's IPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.