IMON compatibility settings hindering Windows AU?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Yesterday I experienced some problems with the Automatic Updates for Windows. Does anyone know, or has anyone experienced problems of a similar nature, if IMON interfers with AU when all 'clients' are set to higher efficiency?

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi,

did you have any malware recently? IMON can only download install package for itself and then you will be informed. Is any big problem with downloading?

:thumb:

3. Stijnson

No, no recent malware. Normally all goes well, until last Tuesday.
    I have no other download issues whatsoever. I download from usenet (but those downloads are monitored by AMON) and this causes no problems.

I fixed the problem by following instructions on a Windows helpsite. Apparently, Windows Update was under the impression that I was behind a proxyserver (which I'm not). After manually restarting the update service all updates were downloaded and installed.

My only question is if this can be caused by setting IMON to 'higher efficiency' and if other people have similar experiences?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

During the years I have had many little different problems with the Windows update and it was not related to NOD32 .

In IMON's setup it is written that if you have problems with HE mode , just put the problematic program in HC mode , so I would suggest that you turn all applications (except from your browser) to HC mode

5. Stijnson

I'll give it a try for next month's Automatic Updates. It's hard to figure out though which 'clients' in IMON are related to Windows Update. Other clients also use firefox.exe and iexplore.exe according to IMON.
    Wouldn't 'downgrading' to HC mode put things more at risk?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If the answer was yes , then ESET would have made all clients in active mode by default . svchost.exe is used for the Windows update , however settings everything in the list in HC will not be risky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.