IMON Compatability Setup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by leehigdon3, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Is there an easy way of deleting programs that are no longer on your system from the User Agent listing. Other than hacking the registry key UserAgent in HKLM/Software/ESET/IMON/Settings.

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Not at this time, but it has been requested as one of the Future Changes to NOD32 - #9 under Technical here

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I hope they do it soon... This is my only gripe with NOD32. :D

4. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

goodluck hacking it..... I had to reinstall after trying to get some of those out....

5. windstrings

I even still have a "scagent.exe" in my compatibility settings... which I believe is a trogan that was removed.... it would be nice to get rid of it in the nod http compatibility settings!

6. jayt

jayt Registered Member

I found this in my IMON Http scan also. I did a Google search and this is indeed a trojan. However, I ran a full scan with Nod32 using the setting Blackspear recommended and it found nothing. I ran ewido and it found nothing. I also ran AdAware and Spybot and they found nothing. I downloaded an evaluation copy of Trojan Hunter and ran a full scan with it. It found nothing. I did an online scan with Trend Micro and also with CA EZ Trust AV, and they found nothing. So I guess I am not infected. Strange isn't it? :p
    {Edit} Funny thing happened though. Trojan Hunder thought that Leak Test.exe which I downloaded from http://www.grc.com/ was a trojan and renamed it for me. At the same time AMON popped up and told me that I had a newly created virus (WKP.exe) in My Documents folder. This must have been created either by Trojan Hunter or by Hijack This which I had just run. Anyway, I deleted it also.

7. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Oh, well then I'm not going to bother. I'll just wait for a fix. What I'm wondering though is, how do new programs get picked up by UserAgent?

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

leehigdon3

Looking at my log, it appears that executable programs that connect to the internet are added.

9. windstrings

The more I play with software.. the more entries I find..... even though I have since uninstalled and even regcleaned my registry with powerful cleaners?

I guess they don't hurt... but I would like to know the place to remove them..... the one time I tried.. I wiped it all out and had to reinstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.