Imon and e-mail attachments

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackcat, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I had been waiting to receive the updated version of BOClean but it had not arrived in the first 15 e-mails I received to-day.

Using Mailwasher to check again, an e-mail containing BOClean was waiting on my server. However, my e-mail program- Pegasus at present- failed to download this message. It remained stuck on 0% progress.

After several other attempts, I disabled IMON and the e-mail was then quickly downloaded.

The e-mail contained an attachment of the BOClean exe. file and was about 541k in size.

Since I have had no previous problems in downloading e-mails, why did IMON not let me download this one?

This was the first time I had received an e-mail attachment with IMON enabled.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Blackcat,

Please check your IMON configuration, especially in regard to sizes. edit: consider this a total miss hit - mixing up AVs. Apologies. Paul

regards,

paul

3. Blackcat

Excuse my ignorance, Paul

But where can I make the necessary adjustments. I have checked the settings for IMON and cannot find any size adjuster.

4. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Try lowering the compatibility/efficiency setting for IMON to the middle value.

You find the setting here:

NOD32 Control Center -> Resident modules and filters -> IMON -> button Setup -> button Setup ("Advanced setup")

Best regards,
    Anders

5. Blackcat

Thanks, Anders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.